Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Story 23

Truus continues:
11:50 PM (Friday)
* I just got in. My hands are dead stiff from the cold.Theo walked me all the way home, me on my high heels even! I am not even tired and was not even thinking about it. But it was cold and nippy.It was such nice and “gezellig” evening. Theo told me a few things about Canada. I honestly could see myself going there, really! But I will talk about that later. I will also write about what Theo and I talked about. Later that Sunday I we went to Theo's parents house When he had introduced me to his mother, he also added “She has it very difficult at home”. I guess he knew his mother would show her unbiased love and interest in me. Such a sweet and loving woman, we hit it off right there and then.

* Theo had told me that he thought he loved me. But he said: “Because I am here on vacation seeing everybody makes it for me an very “exciting dream come true" time. Me meeting you is therefore also very exciting and unrealistic. I sure want this to be for real. I want to think this over a good deal and write you a couple of times, let's say three times. In the third letter I want to ask you to become my wife!” Whoa, I did not expect that, but then again, what the heck! Let's be honest, I was totally swept of my feet by this guy, I looked up to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. Yep that was all!

* Then in the evening the entire clan about twelve came to the train station to see Theo off. I think he probably would have liked it better had I been the only one. So here we were at the station everybody making fun and I was nearly dying on the inside. Theo was looking at me all the time never kept his eyes off me. Then finally he got on the train and as he was standing there I thought,"When I see him again it will have to be in Canada, and, am I prepared for that?"

When the train began to move I (Theo writing now), had a weird sinking sensation. Was this real, or a dream, and was the train taking me back to reality? I, too, had to think this whole thing through.


2 comments:

Monica said...

aaaahhh!! Young Love!!

Anonymous said...

Gee I kind of want to flip ahead and see how it ends...

-Paul